Sunday, January 12, 2020

The Book Signing

..Silk fold-out book being opened ...
Occasionally I see fold -out books – mostly when I am with Carolyn Qualle, a book artist, who spent time teaching all of us in the writer’s group how to make these books.

I think product is a lovely fusion between fine art and fine writing.

The book is designed accordion style and when I read one side, then I can turn the book over and flip the pages of the other side.

Wyona has such a book. The back and front covers are made of silk.

This is her book for Chinese New Year.

 I was at her house, and I got to sign on the page marked 2020.

... fold-out book gets a long stretch ...
When I flipped back through the book, many of the pages were signed by her school classes for whom the Chinese New Year was a Unit of Learning.

There are enough pages in the book to go for 20 more years.

That will mean when Wyona is 96, she will still be able to have people sign her book.

I signed for this year.

I used bold, black cursive letters when signing my name, though people may not be able to read cursive in twenty years.

The children were all invited to sign the book at the party.

Michael signed Michael J.

... now it is fully opened and ready to sign ...
Wyona wondered aloud and directly to him, if someone will know exactly who this is in future years.

He looked at her questioningly and then told her of course, they will know.

It is Michael J.

Betty is only four.

She can print her name now, but someone has taught her to sign with her initials, so printed on the pages is “BBJ” (for Betty Blanche Johnson).

Lately she has been calling herself Foxy, and/or Brave HeartI.

I am surprised she didn’t use either of those names as she signed.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.