Sunday, January 12, 2020

Decorations for Funerals

Wyona had plenty of red decorations.

“That is because there are extravagant red decorations around funerals in China as well,” she said.

... Alice studying Chinese brush work done by Wyona ...
When I was there for five years, it didn’t matter to me – the New Year or funerals, if I thought they were beautiful, I bought them all.”

Wyona sat the children down and pulled out long scrolls on which there were pictures of bamboo done in water colour.

I did these when I lived in Malaysia,” Wyona told the kids.

“You did not,” said Michael. “You got that off of the internet.”
The more Wyona affirmed that she had done the scroll work herself, the more he declared back to her that this is the kind of thing people can easily get off of the Internet.

I don’t think she ever convince him that he was speaking with the artist. She will be long dead and gone before he changes his mind on that one.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.