Monday, January 27, 2020

Musical Houses

I find that that it is not that easy to get Mary to do as I say. I would probably find that with everyone, having told them before the operation that I will be asking them to do irrelevant and sometimes useless jobs to do.  I also told them not to do these things.

Even given that I remember say that, Mary is not that compliant or flexible. She is, however. taking care of me so I am going to take that back. Mary is super flexible. For example, today Mary and I learned how to play a variation on the game of Musical Chairs, which I shall now call, playing Musical Houses.

Michael was having a D&D party at his house, getting his group of Grade III friends ready with characters for when the real work of playing D&D will begin next week.

Miranda must be the dungeon master. That is my guess for Alice and Betty were to come to my house. Richard came as well hoping to have some quiet time. Rhiannon took the girls
The True Spirit and Original Intent
of Treaty 7
to the park. Mid winter. Only in Calgary can mid-winter be a beautiful day. Maybe it was 9 degrees Celsius at the park. The girls swung from the monkey bars and slid down the slide. Richard spent most of him time sending me back to bed as Mary had instructed him to do. He has more fear of her than of me.

Of course, I am in a weaker condition than she. I laId on my bed some of the time and read The True Spirit and Original Intent of Treaty 7 by Treaty 7 Tribal Council, Walter Hildebrandt, Sarah Carter and Dorothy First Rider. I am at page 110. I’ve finished this week’s New Yorker magazine, cover to cover. Well there you have it. Between the park and my house and Miranda’s house and switching who went where, all of us were accommodated.

Taking care of me is the most work. My pills come to me in small dishes. Liquids I have to drink come in tall glasses. Somebody has to be counting all this out and I am not quite able to do it my own yet with any accuracy. I am surprised at how much I drift in and out of sleep. I sometimes wake myself up out of my dreams giving instruction to people about what they should be doing. The are not in the room when I am giving these instructions.

Richard brought over dinner again tonight. It was Octoberfest sausage and cabbage – slow cooked. As well, everyone got to tell their favourite part of the day. I wanted to finish the day off with my favourite story. Or at least the one I am to make into my favourite according to Rebecca. It is a story created for Grade III kids and up – all about excrement.

Alice has a high need for things being fair. If Michael has had two cans of pop at his D&D party she wonders where her two cans of pop are. Richard reminded her that she got special treats on their grocery trip. “Does one sucker and one chocolate bar equal 2 cans of pop?” She was stumped.

Rhiannon left to go back to her Lethbridge home today. I wanted to show her anything that was startling or unbelievable or just too much to believe that a grandmother could think or do such a thing. Being already a bit over the edge, I find it hard to tip myself there again. In the back of my mind, I am always wondering just how far is too far with my stories.

Betty in full personal make-again,
thrilled to have foiund "twins" i Arta's box of dolls.
I did want to show her the secret compartment in a bedroom pieces of furniture where I keep all my rings.

She only found it boring to take a look at the drawer since she has no interest in jewelry. I did were a neon lime green top with black and white zebras appliquéd on it with lots of sparkly silver beads attached to the arms as well. I wanted to amaze  Rhiannon with my sense of fashion.

Mary thinks it was no shock, since this look oftren cmes from me.

Thus endeth day 5 of what seems to be just a normal recovery..

ARta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.