Friday, October 16, 2020

A Cruise only Imagined ...


In 2019, Moiya, David Wood, Wyona, Greg, Bonnie and I signed up to take a cruise down the St. Lawrence and ending in Florida, a dream we had and so signed up for a wonderful tour.  

By April we were wondering if it were going to happen and by the end of June our hopes were dashed,.

Still Moiya dreams that the 6 of us are making that trip.  

So she writes to me about what is to happen today if it weren't COVID times:

We are to set off at 4 pm Eastern Standard time. That is only about 2 hr. until we set sail.

We’re on the ship now, just sitting and having our first meal together;

So many items of food to choose from.

I am taking a long time going around to check out all of the items, before even picking up my plate.

We’re there because we can’t go into our rooms yet.

We each have our carry-on bags still.

Our suitcases are probably not even sitting in the hallway by our rooms yet.

So relaxing … ours is to enjoy each other’s company and just be waited on hand and foot.

I’m sure we are looking at the daily outline of the ship's activities (What is the proper name for that???) of which we all have our own.

We have a pen in hand and are ticking off the times of those things we think we’d like to attend.

We all get to make our own choices ….

Mmmmm … the food is so delicious … I can taste it now.

I’m not eating very much because it is only a couple of hours until we go for our evening any time dining meal.

Don’t forget the Mustar Drill!  We will be lined up on deck and learning how to vacate the ship in case of trouble.

It’s great to be with you today.

I’ve been looking forward to this for a very long time now.

Moiya

6 comments:

  1. You failed to mention the great week you spent in Montreal before boarding the ship. Bagels, Schwartz deli for a smoked meat sandwich, a trip into the Laurentians to see the fall leaves, Notre Dame, Barbie museum, and more. Bienvenue et Bon Voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You answered my question Cathy. Where was the departure port. What a beautiful trip that would have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bed and breakfast across from Catherine's house had been booked. I knew where I wanted to go again in Montreal. Just ride the buses around and around Montreal, then down to the subway, then up again, stay for a while in the shopping districts, and maybe go with the whole family for Persian food at night. The Woods, the Bates, Bonnie Johnson and me. What an adventure we were going to have. Here is how we knew it would be good. We have taken similar adventures before and we know each other and what fun the company is. The best part of what it means to be family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't want to talk about it. Greg and I were to leave Sept. 07 for Florence and Rome, cruise with Graham and his mother, on to London, then Montreal to meet others there. None of it happened! Went to the AGM today instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Florence and Rome cruise with Graham and Vicky Hicks was going to be so spectacular! Already you had promised to take pictures for me, and I was going to block the trip every step of the way. I was as excited as if I had been going on the trip myself. One thing is for sure, I enjoyed the thought of this trip for many months -- I imagined her seeing the acropolis, St. Peter's, the famous art houses in Florence. And those Greek islands. I had imagined that you would get on a local bus and just ride around the island. Oh boy! You know how to plan and execute good adventures, Wyona.

      Delete
    2. Re your attendance at the AGM on Sunday? Now on Wednesday, I walked over to see the bobcat making a road for Dan and Marina to enter their property, one with a good grade for their vehicles. At the same time I thought about you at the AGM a few days ago, fulfilling your shareholder obligations so that the rest of us can find so much pleasure out here. The air was fresh, the slash was being piled and burned. Apples are still falling from the trees. The tarp on Glen's boat was filled with water and I helped him empty it. All felt well with the world.

      Delete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.