Friday, October 9, 2020

Bernina 730 Record

When Bonnie and I are not sewing we are walking
new trails around the property.
Right now there are banks and banks
of hedges with these flowers.
I think the are called snowberry bushes.

Bonnie broke the only sewing machine needle we had.  A broken needle is always an accident, and today it was one that put an end to sewing Covid-19 masks. 

As we were packing out equipment away, she pulled out the manual and noted the price had been scribbled on the back page, $419.00 for the sewing machine, $79.00 for the sewing machine cabinet. 

She had gone out to read the reviews of this old machine, which are stellar, because the machine is all metal, no plastic parts except two cogs. 

Both of us have noted breakage on the side of the cabinet, and she had found the plastic pieces that had snapped off of the side in the bottom drawer, carefully waiting for 40 years for repair. 

When I got up from my nap, I noticed she had used a glue gun so the cabinet looks almost as good as new. 

Moiya was generous and gave us two needles the next day. I asked to borrow a needle. 

She mocked me and said, “No, I will lot lend you a needle, for you will never bring it back.” 

I replied, “You are right. I would only bring it back if it were broken.” 

She laughed and said, “Then take two.”

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.