Friday, October 23, 2020

The Lonely Apple

 

Bonnie and I have been watching the apple trees that Glen planted on the 66 foot road, and indeed, we picked up windfalls – three of them.  We placed them by the side of the road to pick them up on our return to the house, but then we took a different way home.

Again, Bonnie took a walk to see how the tree was doing, and all that was left was one lonely apple.

The bear took everything from three trees except one apple which she  brought home and we kept on the counter for a while.

Dave Wood came over and Bonnie asked him if he would like to taste the only apple. 

 He said yes. Then she asked him how it tasted, and the look on his face told all. I was wishing she had asked me that question about would I like to eat the apple, before she asked David. 

In fact, I thought Bonnie and I were going to share that singular apple, after using it as a table decoration, and further, talking about it so many times. Even photographing it.

Ah well, grieving the loss of one apple when I have fifty in my fridge that were picked from the apple tree of David Camps. 

What’s up with the human heart. 

Mine has to travel the road until it is as generous as Bonnie’s.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.