Monday, October 12, 2020

Covid Haikus

 

Our department is having a COVID stories contest. Thought I would share my submission with you. 



COVID HAIKUS

by Catherine Jarvis

My panic sets in
Pandemic grocery store line
reveals the chaos

Squirt soap in my palm
rhymically scrubbing my hands
Repeat through the day

Masked line of people
patiently waiting a chance
for toilet paper

A mother's worry
Covid's border walls go up
My child trapped abroad

Spray bottles of bleach
sanitizing my worries
almost, but not quite

Covid time campfire
The family vacation
has gone up in smoke

Eyes leak like faucets
Tiny swab finds the right spot
Hope it's negative

"You're standing too close"
I take a few steps backwards
and find the marked spot

I'm missing your touch
Magically I open
my laptop, you're there!

The mask on my face
hides an all-embracing yawn
from fatigue so deep

I'd love to hear your COVID stories (or Haikus)

From Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.