Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Bear on My Mind

 

...checking under the deck before sunrise ...

... I noticed I stayed close to the door
and was in a position posed for flight ...


Bears getting ready to hibernate!  

That has been on my mind. 

They haven’t retreated to their lairs in the mountains,  yet. 

Bonnie bought bear spray. 

I have brass handbell that we sometimes carry – its continual sound begins to be annoying after about 20 minutes, but we carry it. I small annoyance when measure up against the fear of seeing a bear in front of me. 

I have seen fresh bear scat on the roads and under the apples trees. 

Now last night, Bonnie heard movement on the lower deck. She jumped up from watching TV and turned the lights on under the deck to see if it were a bear (small chance) or Cruise the Cat (99/100 chances). She couldn’t find either the bear of the cat under the deck. Still, when she came inside, she locked the door. I was curious as to why a human would think it is harder for a bear to get through a locked door than just a shut door. 

 A lot of faith in the power of a very small lock.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.