Friday, October 23, 2020

A First Snowfall

 

Bonnie told me there would be snow today.

I haven’t put away all of the deck furniture.

I am trusting that this is only a first snow fall that will melt and that I can get those last pieces of furniture under the deck. 

What I have never seen before is snow gently falling and at the same time rust coloured leaves from the deciduous trees twirling down, speeding actually, as if they have an important place to go. 

What I am noticing is the two different speeds: that of the snow and that of the leaves.

It must be the weight of the snow on the leaves that makes them fall, and that probably gives them the speed I am noticing. 

A privilege to sit in this moment of falling snow and leaves that need to be grounded.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.