Friday, October 30, 2020

A Walk in the Fall Leaves

The cat is everywhere, but mostly under my feet when I am trying to change from my inside shoes to my outside shoes while sitting on the porch ,  or when I try to navigate the thin sheet of ice on the stairs that lead from the deck to the ground.  

That is when the cat is either curling around my right foot  or my left foot or between or trying to stabilize itself between both of my feet.

I try to give him a few knocks with my walking stick.  Not enough to knock him out, but enough to let him know that there is plenty of other space in the universe than space that is one foot or less away from me.

Then when I get walking I forget the cat until a see a picture that reminds me Cruise sometimes likes to be a few yards ahead of me as if leading the walk for the full 1,500 steps to the tracks.

I like walking this curve in the road, the poplar leaves still falling from the tree, half covering the road until a CPR truck churns them up with the power of its exhaust and the speed of its huge frame.

The truck passes us and the leaves continue to settle.

A lovely time had by all.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.