Thursday, October 8, 2020

New Metal Structure at the Tracks

... there is less than a second to catch a photo of the engine
as it comes out from behind the trees ...

On one of our walks, Bonnie and I noticed that a new metal structure has appeared just at the crossing – similar in architectural features to an outhouse, but why built of metal, we asked each other.

It was Dave Wood who could tell us what is going on down there. He loves to chat with the crews.

In fact, he is my best source of information when it comes to local news about the CPR.

Apparently, a tree fell on one of the sidings, and bent it so out of shape that it has to be replaced.

When I type that information, it seems too weird to be true. 

Still, there is a siding that is going to be placed; somehow that new structure is going to heat up the new rails and bend them.

I am going to check back with David for the details.

LtoR: yellow truck, white truck, small furnace
I only took the picture because on a walk in the woods I climbed a steep knoll and then looked over it to see a sudden drop, just 50 yards away and into the woods from that new steel structure.

While I was there a train passed. 

All of these years, and I still stand and watch when a train passes.

But when it was gone, a white truck came backing up along the tracks – I was curious as to whether those vehicles have speed limit restrictions.

Not a minute afterward, backing up at the same speed came a differently shaped yellow CPR vehicle.

Trying to get a snap of both vehicles, I accidently caught the steel structure that is going to bend rails.

I hope I get down there to see this small furnace in action.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.