Sunday, October 4, 2020

Lady in Red

... panel of Lady in Red fabric ...
Country Fabrics is the name of the store that came up on a Google Search as to where to find fabric in Vernon.

Bonnie was looking for fabric that would be interesting for children to look at as she does speech therapy with them.

I was idly looking through all of the bolts of 100% cotton quilting fabric.

It was arranged in large blocks of colour and then sorted by pattern.

A beautiful shop.

I picked up a red, white, and black panel to see what it looked like and found that it had 15 different squares, each one a different lady in red. 

I wondered what these would look like in face masks, so I took it over to the counter and Bonnie added it to her bill.

This probably means that all of these masks are going to belong to her, all except one. That one is going in the mail today to Hebe Jarvis.

I’m sending it to her because recently Hebe sent me a picture taken by her mother when Hebe came down for breakfast one morning; Hebe’s air was carefully coiffed and her lips had been painted red.

Not just red.

Red, red. 

 I’ve been watching YouTube and Zoom and looking at people’s makeup. There used to be something we used to call, stage make-up. Now I think there is something we would call Zoom makeup. I think what it is, is that there’s makeup for the Opera but now-a-days we can zoom in on the singers and so we notice that extreme makeup. Anyway, Hebe didn’t need a lesson. She’d nailed it.

And I think I had caught the right idea with the fabric.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.