Monday, October 5, 2020

Come for Pho Soup

Moiya told Bonnie and me that she was making pho soup from scratch -- a new recipe to her. 

She was simmering the bones for hours and hours, and she made me think of a long article I had read about the popularity of this soup. 
I was interested for people were lining up for 10 minutes are so at pho fast food soup spots, just waiting for the soup. 

Then I thought no more of Moiya's experiment.

David Wood came over to clean out the gutters at my house. 

He was also screwing back into the house, some of the gutters that had fallen away. was his helper down below, emptying the buckets as fast as he could fill them

When it came to the dangerous spots of the house, the ones that were too high, he got a different ladder from his house, me carrying one end and he carrying the other. 
 
I had to put the ladder down half way and regain a bit of strength for the last leg of the trip over to my house. 

We put the ladder down by Miranda's plum tree. "Did you take the plums off of this tree?" I questioned Dave. "No, I didn't even know it was a plum tree," he answered.  

We checked the ground. Just one small purple piece of a half-eaten and now dried plum was all we could find. Bonnie has been watching that tree, and the plums were just perfectly ripe -- one day away from picking them. Must have been a racoon.

Well, no plums for us this year, and Dave and I continued on with the ladder.

Don't worry about safety, Dave said to me. I took a course with NavCanada about how to use ladders. 

Do you use the information you gained, I queried. 

He laughed. 

"Not all, but I do believe in getting the ladder level at the bottom. Let's go to the garage and bring out your level", he went on to say.  

We were just 10 minutes away from finishing when Moiya called to say, come over for pho soup. I was too tired from the morning's work. I took a pass and went to bed.

At least Moiya sent me the pictures of what I missed. 

 A good second best to eating it.

Arta

Photo' Credit: Moiya Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.