Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Last Night's Show - Peter Pan Goes Wrong


Peter Pan Goes Wrong: Katy Daghorn (Sandra)
and Ciaran Kellgren (Jonathan).
Photo Credit: London Theatre I
I wanted to rest and watch TV last night, but I couldn’t get into Broadway HD without Rebecca’s password. 

She came downstairs to enter it into the big screen so that I could relax away the last 2 hours of my day.

Richard had told me that his kids enjoyed Peter Pan Goes Wrong, so Rebecca started the show and sat down for a minute, I think just to see that I was settled in with an electric blanket over my body and settled back into a soft black leather chair.

Now this morning I am going out to the internet to find a review of the play.

I couldn’t have reviewed the show last night, other than to say Steve, who was working in the other part of the room kept saying, “You guys are having too much fun over there.”

Here is what Alan Fitter of London Theatre says about the play: 
 “the curtain goes up and the action begins and never stops. Bunk-beds collapse, a large “dog” gets stuck in a dog-flap, costume changes don’t work, props fail, heads get bashed, arms get set on fire, limbs get smashed – and that’s just in the first fifteen minutes! “
The play will be funny if a person has read, or has had read to them, J.M. Barrie’s Peter Pan. The smart, sassy dialogue and action kept me laughing all night. So warm. So much fun. If you have a chance and want to relax, this might be the show to see.  English farce, indeed!

Arta



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.