Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mati and Sumin

Mati and Sumin after Manakamana

Mati sent me this picture entitled "Mati_Sumin after Manakamana.gif". Of course, I had to find out what Manakamana is. Thank goodness for Wikipedia.

My favorite part of the article was learning that on the cable car it costs about the same price as a child's ticket to take a goat for sacrificing in the temple. 

I can see why the happy couple took this trip, though I doubt they took a goat with them. Here, the Goddess Bhagwati grants the wishes of all those who make the pilgrimage to her shrine to worship her.

I am adding Manakamana to my bucket list of places I would like to go.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.