Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Eugene Onegin

Photo: Sara Krulwich/The New York Times
Anna Netrebko dancing with Mariusz Kwiecien in Eugene Onegin
On Saturday, October 5, 2013, The HD Live season is about to open with Eugene Onegin.  Encores or November 16th and January 8, 2014.

I went out to find the New York Times Review for people who want to read along about the show, even if it is not possible to join those of us who will be seeing this performance on Saturday.  I only had time to skim the review.  I am going to get back to it for an indepth reading before I go. I was interested to see that the opening night of the show raised political issues that Russia is dealing with, as are many other cultures.  Nice to read the review and the reviewers take on politics inside and outside of the opera house.

The email from my local theatre  remnding me about the opera always tells me that the show starts at 10:55 SHARP.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. I missed this when it was on in London. I want to see the encore. You must remind me Arta. It is your duty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyona, in the spirit of fulfilling my duty and reminding you when good events happen, you can probably find a showing of Shostakovitch's opera, _The Nose_, this Saturday in Hong Kong. Unfortunately for you, the sub-titles will probably be in Mandarin.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.