Sunday, January 27, 2019

A Post a Day

I am at Arbutus Cove just as morning is breaking.
I can see the water through the bare branches of the trees.
When spring breaks the leaves will hide this fabulous view.
I am trying to write a post a day.

 And now a week has past.

All of the posts have been written in my head as I walk every morning, remembering first of all that walking is my job, not writing.

I try to think of my heart muscle, and of the workout I am giving it, the chance to feel alive and well.

I have a science now – if I walk down Gordonhead Road toward the sea, but then curve as the local bus does and walk along the blocks of houses that face that sea, instead of going down to the sea, I come to a big park filled with natural grasses and, a single tall cedar tree at the top of the park.

I walk up to touch it.

That place marks 3,000 steps.

I turn and go back home, words swirling in my mind that I am not getting down on paper.

Arta


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.