Friday, January 11, 2019

Sabynthe's Christmas Cards

Hello from Sabynthe
I like the news that comes with Christmas cards.

Over the years I have always looked forward to getting a card from Sabynthe, Bonnie's childhood friend.

Sometimes Sabynthe has a current picture on the card, and sometimes she has a photo from the distant past -- from her childhood, which feels very nostalgic.

I asked her about this year's card for it was a brass tracing.

Sabynthe said:
November 2017, I had a wonderful opportunity to go to London, England for 10 days to visit a couple of Toronto girlfriends who were there for several months. I had a wonderful time; I was doing things I hadn't done for a long time.
While I was there I did many fun things including that brass rubbing which I photographed to create the Christmas card.
The whole trip ended up being the type of experience which really set me on a good path when I got home.
Since then, I have reflected on the positive affects of a retreat of one’s choosing, and how often I should take one to stay on track.
Sabynthe and Garth
Garth and I had this picture taken this past summer at my family reunion where we camped at Cypress Hills, an inter-provincial park on the Alberta Saskatchewan border.
Both his and my parents met there for the first time.  They did enjoy meeting each other.

And now a note from me.  I like touching base with old friends during the holidays, and especially with people who were friends with my children and still feel like friends of my own.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. I have her last years card on my desk at work - photo of a reindeer ice sculpture from London, I think. Thank you for blogging about my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of the Christmas letters I receive. I usually read them at least 3 times and then if there is a picture with the card, up it goes on my fridge. Then I think of that person and family all year.

    Doing this has been a long-time journey with Sabynthe's cards. A lot of fun getting the cards. And a lot of fun putting her up on the blog this year.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.