Monday, January 21, 2019

Online Sunday School, Week 3

Morning moon captured by Rebecca
on her walk with Penny, the dog, this morning.
I have been reading along with the UofA blog again, enjoying last week’s posts, picking up an idea here and there each day.

Trying to keep reconciliation in my mind. 

Watching how the bloggers there are critiquing each Canadian law school, the good and the bad as they work with Action #28.

I have been wondering if that is enough collective reading for the kind of Sunday School I envisioned.

Not being able to pick up any members who I know are reading this, I shall continue, at least reading and thinking and doing on Online Sunday School every week on my own.

Not really on my own.

With everyone who is reading the UofA blog, I think. I can at least feel a community of readers.

The thing I remember from last week is that, I think it is Manitoba, that has Senator Murray Sinclair in their midst. Odd bits of information when I read stick with me.

And today, I saw the McGill School of law critiqued. I loved their statement of purpose. But the bloggers didn’t thing the statement really addressed Call to Action # 28, and called them to task for not really being on task.

Well, read and watch and learn. That is what I am doing.

Photo credit: Rebecca Johnson
In the back of my mind, the title of today’s post is a bit “offish”.   In fact the title of the whole thread.  But I don't know how else to get at the fact that I want to gather with my Mormon colleagues and talk about reconciliation.

Online Sunday School seems a most uninviting title. I don’t want this to be the Sunday Schools of the 1940 redux.  But I don't know how else to say, let's gather together and talk about anything that has to do with the TRC Calls to Action.

Until next week.

Arta


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.