Saturday, January 12, 2019

Onlne Sunday School - Week 2, 2019

This is a harder exercise than I had anticipated, gathering my thoughts together to share every Sunday.  And even figuring out what to do that will support my desire to learn about the history and legacy of the residential schools, as the government has asked my church to teach its congregation is a hard job.

I read the UofA blog this week, actually making notes in my journal each day as the bloggers talked about the different initiatives provincial law societies have made to comply with TRC's Call to Action, recommendation #27.  I must feel that any blogging about TRC is transferable to the recommendations of the commission to Canadian churches.

So to go on about the reading I was doing, I was having trouble with the images on some of the blog posts, especially the insignia used by the Law Society of Alberta.  I was well into the week until I could see it as the mountains and some wheat.  I was reflecting on that, as it was like the image we used to see of the old woman and the young woman, depending on our perspective as we look at it.

I feel like much I am doing is like that.  Trying to get the right perspective, or at least a different one than the one I have.  Hard work to look at something and get a really different take on it.

So for next week, do read on with the UofA Blog.

Sign up if you feel as though you could give them 10 minutes or less each day, just to read along.  Rebecca told me that reading law is really easy.  Just read every word in the sentence carefully and soon the law will become clear to you.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.