Thursday, January 3, 2019

Richard II - Guardian Review

Rage …
Leo Bill as Bolingbroke, right, dispenses rough justice.
Photograph: Marc Brenner
I am trying to get ready to see Shakespeare's Richard II by reading the review from Michael Billington in The Guardian.

I don't think I have seen this play and I am going to do some plot review -- a lot of plot review, and then find some famous quotes to read.

I think I will make better use of this longer list of quotes, having never read the play.

But then plays are not meant to be read, but to be seen.

The show is less than two weeks away and this is going to take some time for me.

So I have taken a chance to memorize a few words from the play, already. 

How about “You may my glories and my state depose, / But not my griefs; still am I king of those.” ― William Shakespeare, Richard II

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.