Thursday, January 3, 2019

Grandma Joan Turnbull

Betty playing with the new
Nativity Nesting Dolls
-the large ones are 2 kings and a shepherd -
 Joan Turnbull comes once a week to visit with Richard and Miranda's children.

In the evening, I can expect to go next door and find her making supper and playing with them until they go to bed.

Richard and Miranda get a free evening together.

Last night I ate supper over there – this time because my fridge is empty.

Knowing that I was going away for about 2 months, I cleaned all of the food out of my fridge.

But when Catie and I flew in last night, there had been no one ahead of me, stocking my pantry nor refrigerator.

In the morning, I had to take Catie over to Miranda’s and ask for cereal and milk before Catie's birth parents came to pick her up for a visit to southern Alberta.

In the evening,time I had to ask Joan if I could eat the prosciutto / basil / tomato pasta with them.

Richard and Miranda were gone, using up a gift certificate to Moxleys.

Alice is enjoy Hebe's LOL dolls.
Hebe sent us four of them.
I thought I might challenge them when they got home as to who had the best meal.

Joan finished the conversation at our table by asking the kids to perform their even supper ritual – tell what was the best part of your day.

Michael’s was “coming home from playing at Grandma Arta’s and finding Grandma Joan here. Grandma Joan is more fun. She can run a lot faster”.

Joan was horrified.

She tried to soften the blow for me.

But there was nothing she could say that would work.

I had to back Michael up in his comment.

Joan does run faster.

After supper she had them get their winter clothes on and then they went outside and played hide-and-seek in the yard after dark with her.

Michael is finishing of this years Lego Advent Calendar
No flashlights allowed.

They do have the light of the outside Christmas lights that rotate and flash snowflakes all over their house.

I didn’t play.

It is all I can do to go from one house to the other on the ice.

Joan can run faster.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.