Thursday, January 3, 2019

Ten 2018 Events to Be Remembered

1. Beautifying the cabin and the yard on Lot 4 at the Shuswap is filled with so many memories.I found 60 years of happiness in clearing out the view toward the lake and the space between lot 3 and 4. For my part I also had the help in the job:Glen, Laynie, Connor, all of the Jarvis family, and all of Doral and Anita’s family. I loved putting the grass down in front of the stairs. As well, moving rocks from one place to another – something nature has done for as long as the world has existed, but I got to do it in 2018

2. Visiting Mary and Leo in Aylmer. The space between Aylmer and Canada’s National Gallery is only one bus ride away. I am among the Canadians who have visited that gallery many times. A visit to the museum and then conversation at their dinner table at night!

3. Visiting Montreal: same as above only insert Musee des Beaux Arts

4. Visiting Victoria – I have hundreds of pictures of Arbutus Cove in the early morning – just a few dog walkers and herons join the seagulls there

5. The Villa Maria metro steps as I was going to see The Crimes of Grindelwald. Ahead of me walked 11 of my loved ones. I locked that moment of time into my memory.

6. Attending ballet, opera, musical theatre, and National Theatre performances, all from the comfort of a chair in my closest movie theatre.  At one such event, there was Trell, Ina, Leo, Mary, Naomi and Rhiannon.  We all saw the opera Samson and Delia.  For some there, it might have been considered torture.  At least for Rhiannon, "a bit long".

7. Doing reading from books either by or about Indigenous people and subjects.

8. Living next door to Michael, Alice and Betty. I also like meeting them at the Shuswap.

9. Having the Doral and Anita Johnsons for a longer than usual time at their cabin.

10. Walking so many steps – trying for 10,000 a day. Maybe averaging 5,00 to 8,000 each week. A lofty goal. I am half way there.

PS  If I have offended anyone by not having them hit this list, please call me and I shall arrange a visit.

2 comments:

  1. this list is awesome. it makes me want to write my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can start your list.

    1. Spring Gathering for the Secwepmc people.
    2. Sumer Gathering
    3. Fall Gathering
    4. Opening of the new law school
    5. Grand Celebration of the I Testify! project
    6. Duncan begins Grade XII -- how did that happen
    7. Alex bonds with Chemistry

    You will have to finish the rest yourself.

    Happy to oblige.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.