Sunday, January 27, 2019

Apple / Fennel / Celery


Rebecca loves an apple / fennel / celery salad. The recipe is ½ a bunch of celery (as opposed to a stalk) / ½ a fennel bulb and 3 large apples. Chop the apple, celery and anise finely and add a dressing. I try to get the recipe for the dressing: vinegar, oil, a lot of mustard and mustard seed.

I suppose a person doesn’t need a recipe that is more definite than that.

I know she is thinking of the salad when she buys the celery and fennel bulb. Since I was left alone in the kitchen and going to the vegetable crisper I could see that she has been thinking about this recipe for a long time for now she has two bulb of fennel and 2 bunches of celery.

Just no chopping done.

So I chop for a while which is fun – using that Cutco knife with its sharp blade, Rebecca reminding me to be careful. I think I used to remind her the same way.

She passes by and sees the need for dressing, so she makes it and we take it to work.  She also suggest making the carrot / blueberry salad that she loves.

I say, let us eat up the fennel and celery first.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.