Friday, January 18, 2019

Rebecca and the Coffee Shop

Photo Credit: Rebecca Johnson

View of Mt Tolmie sunrise from the Coffee Shop
where Rebecca had her breakfast this morning
I am sure I am having a fabulous time in Victoria.

I am doing some typing for Rebecca.

In between short spurts of time doing that, I am trying to walk, mostly in the mornings.

Steve reminded me that this morning's walk might not have been quite as safe as he would have wanted it to be.

Yes, I was in the dark, going down to the sea, though the way was lit with the street lights and the occasional bedroom light where people were waking.

Funny, I could make that into a poem.

I was in the dark,
going down to the sea,
though the way was lit with the street lights
and the occasional bedroom light where people were waking.

I think the walk feels better in that poetic form.  Rebecca and Steve walked their new dog, Penny, in a different direction, probably to save my life for she can hardly be contained by her leash yet, a sweet little new puppy, really.  But she is underfoot -- at home and outside.

Rebecca had a 7:30 breakfast meeting at a coffee shop where she took a picture of the sun rising.  All of us should be so lucky as to see the sun rise every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.