Saturday, January 5, 2019

Think I'll Go Back to Alberta

Our Good-bye to Montreal Picture Going to the Disabled Check-in Point
LtoR: walker, luggage, Arta, Catie


Photo Credit: Catherine Jarvis
Catie and I flew back to Alberta together.

Neither of us knew that having a walker in our possession would bump us up into the disabled line at the airport where the pressure to go fast is not as great and where the isle is big enough to acommodate a wheelchair or a walker.

I knew using a walker was a good thing in the airport because I really need one there. 

Walking and have to roll a carry on , carry a big purse over my shoulder and my winter coat in my arms is possible. But then keeping to keep track of where my boarding pass and my ID are at any point in time is just two things two many.

Is the last place I put them in my coat pocket, or are they tucked in my wallet or are they clenched between my teeth. Or did I put them in my jean pocket during the pat down since I can’t seem to get past that machine without bells and whistles ringing.

Yup! Three cheers to having the convenience of a walker on which to carry everything and which I can also use as a back-up for a chair lest I get tired while trying to put in more steps as I am waiting to embark.

When we got off the plane in Calgar and came down to pick up our luggage, someone was wildly waving at people who came through the door.

 I turned to Catie and said, “Look at how happy those people are. They are jumping with joy to see someone. But it is not us.”

 But it was for us.

Rayanna, Jaylee and McKenna  Hogg came to get the airport just for a big evening hello.

Nice way to come back to Alberta.

And oh yes, one thing about the holiday decorations in the Montreal Airport.

Spectacular.  Stunning!

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.