Thursday, December 17, 2020

Good Enough

... view of  Hospital Lake from x-ray lab waiting room ...
Bonnie is the one who has been teaching me about the practice, “good enough”.

This is a concept that sits side by side the idea that something is “not good enough and must be made even better.”

So, what would be good enough, I ask myself.

... walking path around Hospital Lake ...
1. Getting all the right ingredients into  ...the cookie, even if I didn’t add them in the right order or method.

2. Writing a blog post that omits important names, dates, and events.

3. Finding something to watch on Netflix (even if is not ‘the best film ever’).

4. Raking rocks (just to make this clear, there is enough raking to do to keep 10 people raking for a full week on Richard’s lot…. but the work I have done so far is ‘good enough’)

5. Doing some walking every day, even if I can’t get that Fitbit to count every step

... view of Fly Hills from x-ray lab ...
I have been trying out this concept, and it is not that easy to say at the end of an event, “good enough.”

What is NOT good enough is getting a blog post written and then missing the chance to get it up to the blog.

What stops me sometimes, is that I don’t have a picture that is ‘good enough’, or an idea that was fully developed enough, or indeed permission from others to talk about events that involved us both.

For today, this typing is good enough.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.