Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Imagining Christmas Dinner

At another home one of the Christmas meals
will be deer from Alberta's foothills.
Moiya phoned today.

She said she is cooking a turkey for Christmas, and wondered if Rebecca and Bonnie could drop by to plate up three platters of food for us to take home, since it is a COVID-19 Christmas for 2020 and we won’t be eating together.

One of Bonnie or Rebecca will drive down with our plates, enjoy the smells of Moiya’s house, mound food on the white platters, and bring them home.

The china is from Belgium from the days when Wyona would bring home European treasures for us.

These were $1.00 per dish.

Of course, I am looking forward to Moiya’s meal.

It is a Christmas first.

I have been thinking about other Christmas dinners.

I may have cooked 60 of them so far.

Some have been on the elaborate end of meal making.

One of them may have been a turkey, some mashed potatoes, some gravy, and some frozen vegetables steamed and buttered.

It is good to know that capacity to cook can change over the years.

I will be thinking about Moiya all day Thursday, getting the turkey ready, the potatoes peeled ahead of time and turkey dressing made.

I know she has already gone to town and I am trying to ease myself into the belief that it is OK to take advantage of all the work she is doing. I would rather stand beside her in the kitchen helping or offering to bring buns. This year I am happy to be the grateful receiver of her 2020 Christmas Dinner.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.