Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Don Giovanni at MetLive

Don Giovanni Peter Mattei, left, in the title role, 
and Luca Pisaroni as Leporello in this new staging, by Michael Grandage, 
at the Metropolitan Opera. 
Mr. Mattei was a late substitution for the injured Mariusz Kwiecien. 
Credit Marty Sohl/Metropolitan Opera
Bonnie reminded me that Don Giovanni is the production at the opera this Saturday.

A New York Times opera review provides enough information for me to know where to go to get more ideas.

I have never seen this opera before, though it is a staple of the New York repertory.  I am thrilled to be hearing something new on Saturday.

I don't know what it is that there is to teach kids at the opera, but David has learned one thing quickly, and that is at the opera intermission, the concession is open.  Good work, David, on learning the art of going to the opera and the ballet and truly enjoying them.

As an aside, I was reminding Rebecca that Miss Saigon is tomorrow and she had absolutely missed the fact that it was on.  She rang off with me to go buy tickets!

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.