Saturday, October 8, 2016

Stink Bugs

They are members of the insect order Hemiptera 
and the family Pentatomidae. 

They get their common name 
from the odor of the chemical that they produce 
in glands on their abdomen.
This is a special time of the year, the time when stink bugs are everywhere.

When I go over to Wyona's house I see her picking them up and putting them in a bucket.

"I think I spend all morning going around the house and getting rid of these", she said.

And the next morning she starts to do the same thing all over again.

Bonnie Wyora said that Glen told her to pick them up by their antennae and throw them out the door.

I don't know if he gave that advice, but I did see her disposing of them in that fashion.

I can take them or leave them.  In fact, I don't seem to mind the odour they produce but when I killed them, someone always complains about the smell, so I have taken to disposing of them using the "Glen Method."

Tonight I was using the BBQ for the pork loin chops that I was cooking.  Bonnie thought the screen door was sticking but when she gave a good yank to it, tens and maybe hundreds of them dropped out of the cracks in the screen door and fell to the ground.

Just disgusting!

Arta

1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.