Monday, March 11, 2019

Day Trip to Sydney, British Columbia

... Reuben sizes up the job ahead of him ...
We had the equivalent of a day trip to Sydney, British Columbia.

Steve had seen an ad for a new barbership, The Cut Cartel: Barber’s Den.

We walked into a barbershop with a pool table, lattes, comfy chairs to relax in, and a décor that brings up the idea of a biker’s den.

... let me look at the back ...
All of this plus hair cuts and shaves.

 The owner of the shop has produced a line of biker’s clothing – that was in her previous life.

Now she owns this excellent barber shop.

... the early clips ...
We drove out there in the morning – a beautiful drive, not far from where we live and so close to the ferry that we could have walked over to see it.

Instead we hung out at the shop.

Alex got in one barber chair; Duncan got in the other.

Rebecca and Steve played a game of pool.

... the mirrors are on old doors
and leaned against the wall ...
I couldn’t keep my eyes off of the walls, the place where the barbers kept their tools, the menu rack, the insignia on the front door, the railway wheels on which were some distressed cedar and then magazine and so I walked around snapping pictures.

As well I stopped to read the titles of some of the magazines and books.

"Any one for pool?"
I haven’t seen a paper called The Unconventional Barber before, nor see a fabulous book on tattoos from California.

Steve asked if I wanted to play pool.

I remembered that I could play pool any day of my life growing up, so I begged off and Rebecca and he played.

I looked up just in time to see her put a ball in the pocket with one mighty stroke, though I don’t know if it was the right ball in the right pocket.

I didb't know she could shoot pool, to tell the truth.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. this was quite the awesome barbershop, it is true. Steve skunked me at pool, but i did manage to sink a few balls!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.