Thursday, March 14, 2019

Sydney BC - The Cut Cartel

...  Rebecca with her pool cue ...
I asked if I could take some pictures inside of The Cut Cartel.

The owner said she didn’t mind.

And Rubin, who was cutting Duncan’s hair, said he wouldn’t mind.

I am an amateur who cuts people’s hair if they will let me.

... Rubin's station ...
A cap for their shoulders and a pair of sharp scissors in one hand and a comb in the other, and I like picking up lengths of hair and trying to even them out.

... beverage menu ...
As my kids got older, I noticed those that finally earned their own spending money began to like to get their hair cut elsewhere.

Still, I feel comfortable close to a pair of scissors that are snipping hair, so I think was getting in Rubin’s way, since he was circling from side to side with Duncan and I was pretty stationary, trying to get just the right shot.

So I left that part of the shop and began to take pictures of everything else that was going on, which is what the rest of the pictures in this post are about.

I was mesmerized, really, by so many stations of interest.

Even though I didn’t want a beverage, I loved the blackboard that listed the possible beverages available and their seeming infinite variety.

What biker’s barbership wouldn’t have a dog, I thought.
... the dog who needs 20 pounds o muscle...


Whomever owned the dog was telling Steve that the dog came from a place where it hadn’t been fed enough, so the new owner had already put flesh on the dog, but had another 20 pounds to go before they would feel that they had done a proper job.

The low coffee table had a top made of distressed wood and the bottom of the table was a pair of wheels, so it seemed that the coffee table might have been a platform that carried weight on some small rails, but I couldn’t really tell.

The books on the coffee table were outstanding with interesting titled. I think one title of a newspaper was “The Uncommon Barbershop”.

... 10 past 11 and the cut goes on ...
And two of the books lying there were collector’s editions of tattoo artistry. I grew up with a pool table in the basement of our house.

... fooze ball game on coffee table ...
The pool table in the barbershop was not as big as that one, but there was plenty of room for a pool cue to move easily back and forth and a whole rack of them were on the wall, as well as many balls on the table just inviting patrons have a game of pool while waiting to be the next in the barber’s chair.

There were 3 empty seats when we walked into the shop, and a fourth which would be for display only.

Even the individual station where the tools for a hair cut are kept had some interest for me, though by now I was trying to stay out of the way of the person with the scissors.

... antlers above products for sale ...
I didn’t take pictures of the comfy couch nor of the TV overhead and in fact I don’t even remember the channel, just that it was playing.

Now why did I have to take time to make a full description of The Cutlery Cartel?

Maybe because seeing it was worth the day-trip just by itself.

... care to sit in an old fashioned  barber's chair? ...
The Cut Cartel: Barber's Den
... an age old sign prepresenting a place for a hair cut ...
picture from MVRC, "Uncommon Barbering"
 ... cenre piece of tattoo book ...
.. how green was my pool table ...
High Voltage Tattoo
and
article called
"Build Your Perfect life"
One last word.

What a great place for a hair cut.

 Or as in Steve's case, a close shave.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.