Saturday, March 30, 2019

Onlne Sunday School Week 13


 March 31, 2019

I was methodical in my reading this week of pages 120-130 of the TRC Summary. I was thinking about the simplicity of the form of the arguments  in the pages. I was witnessing the many voices I heard. I was curious about the occasional paragraph that said that in some sectors, people were trying to do what was right but their efforts were stopped by underfunding, poor working conditions, bad infrastructure, and by the removal of children from their family units into places that were devoid of love.

I read to the end of the chapter, just a little further than page 120.  I enjoyed the summary in the last few pages and  was underlining all of the paragraphs, since I am convinced of the truth of the summary there.

I have been watching the UofA Faculty blog wrap up for the semester as well this week. I shall miss those voices coming to my mailbox each day of the work week. Scott Richardson was compelling in his arguments on Wednesday. I wonder if anyone else read that.  Not that everyone wasn't good.  The woman who talked to the point of how discouraging and hopeless this work seems, rang a bell with me.

I loved the link out to Jeremy Dutcher’s award.  After watching it the first time, I joined Rebecca when she went out to see his performance at the Junos.

Next week: pages 120 to 130.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.