Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Family Art Classes

LtoR: Arta, Rebecca, Duncan
... doing art homework ...
We are just so lucky in this family to  have Rebecca and Duncan doing an art class.  

When it is homework time, whether you are a participant in the basic class or not, all are invited to bring out a pencil and to practise.  

Rebecca is getting really good.  

Duncan practises about 1/2 as much and he is trying to get all of the figures drawn for tonight's class.  And he is so much better at doing this than when he began, that even he is surprised.

I can pull out paper and work along side them and listen to the you tube lessons on how to draw eyes or noses.  And I can take selfies of all of us doing this.

What has changed in me is that I am observing faces in a way that I have never done before.  I am looking at all of the planes of the nose on a man that I noticed as we are walking in the crosswalk together.  I feel sorry when we have reached the other side of the street and part ways.  That was an interesting nose.

I studied the eyes of a teen-ager while I was on the bus and I can do this because I am behind dark sun-glasses and no one knows that I am intent on figuring out how to draw lines and shapes that others will recognize.

I like the thought of pursuing this hobby.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.