Sunday, March 10, 2019

Learning about Lines

 Rebecca and Duncan are taking an art class Wednesday evenings.
... a selfie at the end of our art practice ...

Before this morning's practice began, Rebecca said that she bought too much paper when she went to get supplies.

I don’t know how much too much paper would be.

I only saw the large pads that we put on the table today.

The homework was to draw 10 heads: 1 front on, 6 side views and 3 heads on figures.

Our art project was broken into 2 parts: morning and evening. I haven’t gone to any of the classes and this is the first time I have picked up a pencil (8B) and tried my hand at their homework.

I think I am caught in the net of wanting to do art work now. At the very least, drawing.

I didn’t care that this medium was new to me. I didn’t care that it was hard. I didn’t care that I wasn’t all that good. I did like seeing the face in a new way – its bone structure, the muscles, just the placement of the eyes, nose, mouth and chin. At the end of the morning session Duncan looked at his previous work and said, “You know I think I am getting better with practice, just like people said I would.”

I hope there is a place for an drawing class in my future.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.