Sunday, March 3, 2019

Waiting for Me to Make a Mistake

Photo Credit: Mary Johnson

Big Scary Voice Watching Mary
Artist's Statement

Here is my picture from a set of some work done by my 10 year old and I did recently.  The picture I am showing is mine.  The larger series is called YAAL. It is the voice in your head that tells you things that aren't true. This is what I drew it looking like. In other pictures that belong to this set, I have words, the words I want to tell that voice.

Lately Rhiannon and I were staying with family who have a 10-year old daughter who was having some big worries

Rhiannon and I find that we can get these worries on paper sometimes, and so we did this to try to get her to join in (which surprisingly she did).

All of us tried to draw the voice in our heads that was telling us big scary things.

Here is the pic I drew, the one with the eyes.

I told both of the girls  I feel like it is always watching me, waiting for me to make a mistake.

Mary Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.