Sunday, March 10, 2019

Online Sunday School

Week 10, 2019

Thoughts on reading this week:

I enjoyed Bonnie's post yesterday on this blog.

I slipped back to see early postings on the Truth and Reconciliation's 94 Recommendations.

There  I found that Bonnie Wyora had already chosen her recommendations.  In a blog post back on July 30th, 2016 she said in a comment box:
I am currently focused on the TRC Call to Action #22 (recognize the value of Aboriginal healing practices) in my work-life as a provincial health-care provider, as well as #57 (public servant professional development and training in intercultural competency, conflict resolution, human rights, and anti-racism).
She is two years ahead of me.  I am focused on the call to all churches to teach the history of the residential schools, but I can't name the numbers those Calls to Action are.  By next week I plan to have accompplished that.

I would like to comment on this week's focus of the Alberta Faculty Blog on famous Indigenous women.  Every day I looked forward to what the pick of the next day would be and wondered if I could guess it.  I only guessed one out of five.  I was glad to read about the lives of the other four famous women.

Next week: Read pages 90 to 100 of The Final Report of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.