Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Snow Melt

Photo: Matiram Poon

... capturing the fact that enough snow has
melted that the sidewalk is clear....
Mati sent me these pictures of the backyard, which really seems like the front yard to me. 

This is the place we have the sun in our yard.

The street side of our house is on the north side and the snow there takes forever to melt because it is always in the shade.

However the warm winds are blowing today.

The temperature is going up to 3 degrees celsius and though winter is going to close, Calgarians know that there is still that 24th of May snowstorm that will fall upon us.
Photo: Matiram Poon

I love this backyard now that Richard took down the lilac bushes and the fences between us.

Though the pictures don't show it, there is so much space to run and play -- and spaces we don't even use yet.




I am always planning to do something in that space between my house and Miranda's house -- should a picnic table go there, or a set of chairs where a person could cool off from the summer's hot sun.  Plus, how do you like that for a nest in the top of my mountain ash on the right side of the photo near the top of the tree?


Maybe a place to put down a beverage and just relax.  But if I choose this spot
I will just be thinking about where to put those concrete blocks.



But still, ideas like this for resting places out in my backyard go through my mind sometimes.


I seem to be having a lot of happy memories about the Spring and the Fall in my back yard.


Arta



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.