Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Abkhazi Gardens

... the rose hips a little closer ...

... outside the Abkhazi Gardens ...
... the next photos will be from inside the Abkhazi Gardens ...
Alison Low Williams asked me if I had visited the Abkahzi Gardens in Victoria.

I told her no, but that I have seen it on the list of tourist sights here.

She told me that if I would go, she would come to Victoria and meet me here.


That seemed as though unusual promise to make, a long trip for just a few hours.
I smiled and shook my head.

Too much for too little, I reasoned. But what did stay with me was her earnestness in going there – her #1 stop to be made with me was the Abkahzi Gardens if I hadn’t seen them yet.

Knowing this I went to the bus schedule to figure out how to get there on my own. Easy enough – take the number 7 called UVic.

That makes the journey about as easy as stepping out of the house and into the car in the driveway. A space of time has never opened up for me.

... looking through the fence of the Abkhazi Gardens ...
Glen asked me what I wanted to do on Monday.

I told him that I have been dying to see the Abkhazi Gardens and all I could do is spout a few lines of description from their website: "the garden offers an escape from the rush of modern life. Created in 1946 by Prince and Princess Abkhazi, it is a heritage garden famous for its majestic trees and dramatic site.”

I didn’t know much more than that except that it offers an exceptional tea house as well.
 I went to find out the hours – unfortunately they are in October hours which go from Wednesday to Sunday. Still we got in the car and checked out the spot.

... rose hips at the Abkhazi Gardens ...
What a walk through these gardens we could have taken if the day had been right for us.

All we did is peer through the fence in wonder and think about putting this on our list of places to go inside, now that we have check out the outside of the gardens.

Spectacular.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.