Friday, October 11, 2019

A Turkey: to cook or not to cook

LtoR: Rebecca, Janet, Arta, Glen on our day-trip and stopping at  Diitiida
All of these people in this shot like to eat turkey.

This morning I told Rebecca that I may have wasted $10 that belonged to her.

Just to back up a moment, Alex told me that he wouldn’t mind doing some cooking in the kitchen with me.

I told him that since Thanksgiving is coming, and since they rarely cook turkey in this house, that we could try that – especially since the turkeys are only $1 a pound. He said it sounded like a good idea, so I picked out a lovely turkey when I was at Save-O Foods with Rebecca.

Letting it thaw 3 days in the fridge, it is now ready to have some salt rubbed on it and then I will let it rest for 1 day, wrapped in saran wrap.

Now ready to put this plan into action, this morning Alex told me that he isn’t eating meat anymore and that he doesn’t like turkey anyway.

As well, Steve said doesn’t like turkey and Duncan said he only likes it a bit.

Well, that was a disappointing survey to do. Rebecca is going to Seattle for the weekend to see an opera with her friends. She does like turkey but I don’t see any point in cooking a turkey for someone who is gone.

I thought the whole idea was to experiment in the kitchen with Alex, but now I can see I will be in the kitchen cooking something only I will eat.

I told Alex I might as well take the turkey downtown and give it to a homeless person.  He agreed.

If I am going to do that, still I should cook it first.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.