Friday, October 11, 2019

Turandot and The Merry Wives of Windsor

Photo by Chris Young
I am looking forward to the week-end: live transmissions of Turandot on Saturday and then Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor on the next day.

Yes, I took on the job of researching both – listening to some of the famous arias for the opera and learning the three riddles that the Calif must answer in order to win the hand of Turandot.

And in the case of Stratford's The Merry Wives of Windsor I took a look at the plot and the major players and even some of the famous lines that I will have washing over me.

I am sure i have lived my life by the following quote: "Better three hours too soon than a minute too late."   (Ford, Act 2 Scene 2)

This is going to be the Thanksgiving week-end that I have always dreamed of.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.