Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Leonardo and Missing

Not everyone can, nor wants to see everything that is going on.

A scene from City Opera Vancouver’s Missing 
Photo: Michelle Doherty, Diamond’s Edge Photography
On Friday Rebecca and I are going to see Missing, a piece with a score by Juno Award-winning composer Brian Current and libretto by Marie Clements which is playing in Victoria on November 1st.

I stopped working and began some entertainment this evening, going to the web to hear Marie Clements read some of her piety which was lovely.

And I read some reviews of the opera, and listened to some of the music so I feel at least minimally prepared to see it.

I also looked up ways to understand more about the screening of Leonardo: The Works-Exhibition on Screen which is coming in the Gallery Series. Only a small video is available, but the images were beautiful, and once I typed in the word Leonardo to the google search, it isn’t as if there isn’t lots to learn and see through the internet about him. Still I am looking forward to the big screen, the even bigger sound and the HD Live experience at our local IMAX theatre on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.