Tuesday, October 8, 2019

The Prado: a Collection of Wonders

Rebecca and I have been anxiously awaiting the film, The Prado: a Collection of Wonders. She considers it to be the equivalent of an evening walk through pictures painted by the old masters and held in a museum in Spain.

I didn’t know what to say when the movie was over. First of all, I was overwhelmed with the script of the film, poetic and dense. The narrator spoke to me, at least, as though I were far more learned about great works of art than I am. I could probably name more great musicians, than artists.

Other films of this nature have looked in detail at a single artist. Here, the films exploration was of how the collection in the Prado came to exist.

... In the Gallery poster of events to come ...
LtoR: Janet, Rebecca, Arta, Duncan
Duncan was with us.

He only gets paid to come on these trips when they are highly intellectual endeavours.

The trip to the movies to see The Joker (2019) was simpler – take the offer to come and see the show or leave it.

But this Prado show came with a cash pay-off for Duncan.

He could easily get or give the answer to 10 questions afterwards on the way home in the car.

I have been travelling to the movies or to get groceries with Rebecca for a while now. On just about every trip, I am introduced to someone she knows. Standing in the line-up for tickets to this movie was not different – someone behind us she knew. And then there were introductions in the theatre, standing at the foot of the stairs, chatting with colleagues from work. I am going to have to start a book with the names of new people I know.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.