Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Clover Point

Glen and Janet Pilling at Clover Point
Glen, Janet and I were in the car driving along Clover Point when he pulled over to take a picture and all three of us decided to walk closer to the shore.

“Alright,” he said. “A contest. Who can take the best picture.”

By that time he had his camera out and was wildly snapping photos.

Photo Contest: Submission #1
I don’t carry either of my camera’s anymore.

Not my big one because it is too large to cart around.

And not my small camera since I read somewhere that the new phones we carry have all of the technology of those smaller cameras, and some of them have even more camera power.
Photo Contest: Submission #2

So out came my phone and I followed him around, copying the shots I thought he was taking.

Yes to imitation as being the highest form of a compliment.

Then I walked along, enjoying the smooth rocks on the beach and noticing that few people were out enjoying this cove.

Photo Contest: Submission #3
We had passed an old couple sitting at the top of the stairs that took us down the water.

“Old,” I thought, “because they aren’t up walking, just sitting there.”

There was a young couple with a child down by the tidal pools.

Photo Contest: Submission #4
The two year old was sitting down playing with rocks.

Her dad had his eyes on his electronic technology and the child's mom was quietly supervising the play.

Glen wondered how cold the little one was for the child was sitting in the middle of the low tidal pool, boots filled with water and wearing a pair of now wet leggings.

Photo Contest: Submission #5
I don’t know who won the photo contest.

Glen asked me if I knew why the logs had little holes in them.

I had no idea.

Photo Contest: Submission #6
He said that if logs or wood is kept in salt water for too long, small worms burrow into the wood and make those holes.

That was good for me to know, for it changed the way I was looking at the wood around me. 

Now I was checking to see if it was new or riddled with holes.

As we drove away it was hard for me to keep my eye on the ocean.

Photo Contest: Submission #7
I wanted to crane my neck the other way and look at the masterful architecture in the homes that rim the road.

“One thing for sure, when people buy here, they know that many tourists will be walking the path across the road from them,” I said.

Glen countered with, “I am always wondering why I don’t see people sitting on the balconies of these wonderful homes, reading books or lazily enjoying the sun.

Photo Contest: Submission #8
... the worm holes, photographed beefore I knew what they were ...
Or even better, why they aren’t out have BBQ’s with their friends on the lawns.

That would be the way to have a truly fabulous home in my mind.”

Janet spent some time looking for a rock, a single rock to take home.

Photo Contest: Submission #9
... note the worm holes in the wood again ...
She would look at one and then another – trying to find one that would remind her of our stop here.

I never found out who won the photography contest.

I don't know which of my photos to submit, nor where to submit them, but I know I am a serious contender for a prize.

Arta

1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.