Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Carrot Juice

Alex called me upstairs for some fresh carrot juice.

 For some reason carrot juice is not something I would want to walk upstairs for.

 But a call from Alex to come and look? Yes, I would walk upstairs for that.

I was presented with a shot glass full of ice that was full of an obviously orange drink. I drank. “What was your recipe?”

“Two apples, some carrots and some ginger root.”

“Oh, how much ginger root?”

“About one quarter,” he answered.

“Would that be ginger, the size of a quarter?”

“Ha ha. “ I can still hear Alex’s belly laughter. “No, I used about one quarter of the pieces of ginger mother buys at the store.”

“Oh, that is what gives this juice its kick. Maybe we should change the name of the juice to ginger-carrot-apple, so as to will reflect the true taste one is going to get.”

By the time I got upstairs, he had cleaned the juicer.

I used to have a juicer, not a big hit with me. I found it took longer to clean the juicer that it took to drink the juice. At that moment, I became a big fan of buying juice on sale – some calories matters when prepared from scratch and some don’t. For me the answer to good juice is just buy it on sale.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.