Friday, October 4, 2019

On going to the theatre to see The Joker

Photo Credit: IMDB
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7286456/
Rebecca, Steve and I found our seats at the theatre for seeing The Joker (2019).  

Duncan was still out getting his popcorn and Rebecca left for a minute to go to the bathrooms.

When she got back she told me that she had walked into the men's bathroom.

I asked her when she first noticed she was in the wrong spot.  She told me it was when she saw the urinals. I didn't think much about this since The Faculty of Law at the University of Victoria has change all of the signage for their bathrooms to accommodate anyone who wants to enter any of them so this is a common occurrence there.

On the way out of the theatre, both Rebecca and I entered the bathrooms again, this time together, the one that is clearly marked Women.  She had left.  I was still drying my hands.  A man walked in and was halfway down the corridor beginning  to select a stall. I couldn't help but watch him.   I was wondering if the theatre bathrooms had changed over to accommodate anyone who wants to enter an of them while I was idly keeping my eye on him.  He was suddenly startled and said to me, "Oh excuse me, I have entered the wrong bathroom," and he couldn't get out of there fast enough.  I followed him out hoping to find Rebecca close by and show her that everyone makes mistakes with which bathroom is which.

The man was visibly shaken and went across to the other side of the hall and entered that bathroom.  Duncan could hardly contain his laughter for in this theatre washrooms on opposing sides of the hall are for the same gender.  The man had walked into another Women's Washroom.

The three of us were laughing as was a group of women on the other side of the hall who had seen this, all of us waiting for the man to burst out of the Women's Washroom, making the same mistake twice.

This was the best belly laugh that we all got out of the movie, The Joker (2019).

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.