Monday, June 1, 2020

A Longing for a Taste from the Past

I am going to post a link to where a person can find the recipe for these buns, a creation of Moiya Wood, today.

She was longing for a taste of the Hot Cross Buns from Save-On Foods.

If Moiya is making buns,they will be much better than the ones from Save-On.

She has added a touch I rarely do.

That is, the final hot cross on the buns.
That is a lot of work, making the icing, creating a a cone to put it in,then going from top to bottom and then side to side to make the marks.


Looks to me like Dave already tested the buns out before she got the final mark on.

Arta

4 comments:

  1. Ria here - Oh the flavour of Hot Cross Buns. I saw in Co-Op this week a relabelling of the buns as 'Fruit and Spice buns'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I can call them Fruit and Spice buns I will be trying out the recipe. Ria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ria, you are so much fun to have around reading. No. You should not put that cross on the bun, that hot cross. I made hot cross buns with no fruit in them for years, since my kids would always pick it out. I thought I had the recipe up on larchkitchen.blogspot.ca, but no, when I used the search engine nothing came up, as well as nothing on this blog. You can see, I was out offerng you another alternative recipe though I don't know why.
    Someday when there is more time, I will search that recipe out and put it up there. I might travel somewhere and then want it and it will be hidden in with my bread recipes at home.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.