Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Trying to mix it up

Lorraine Wright asked me for a few words that would update her on all of my kids. When it came to Kelvin, I had to tell her that of everyone in the family, he has perfect musical taste in my opinion. This is, of course, because it is like mine.

He lent me some of his CD’s.

Anything he lends, I like to hear. Right now, I am listening to Eric Clapton’s “Unplugged”.

Eric Clapton
 I don’t know any of the songs, so I have printed off the lyrics to the first six and keep playing them on repeat as I do my hip exercises each morning.

Do a forward lung, then learn the first stanza of “Tears in Heaven,” then on to a backward lung, and learn the second stanza, and so forth. 

Previously I had been watching opera while I exercise, but I am trying to mix it up a bit now.

The moments feel as though I am both doing my exercises and having a few quiet moments in the room, listening to music with Kelve.

Although the titles to these songs might be familiar to many of you, they are unfamiliar to me, and they are what I am learning: “Before You Accuse me”, “Hey hey”, “Tears in Heaven”, and “Lonely Stranger”. I am sure Kelvin can sing all of them.  Up to now, I could only hum along.

Ta dum, ta dee.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. As soon as you gave the album title, tunes started flooding through my mind

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.