Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ribbons, pine cones, pearls, cinnamon sticks


 ... spools of wire ribbon are on the craft table ...
Moiya has been assembling her Christmas decorations.

Everyday there is something else new in the house.

The garlands are on the banisters and around the door frames.

I have the length of ivy but they are not the same as the ones in her house.
 ... cinnamon sticks, pine cones and wire ribbon festoon the china cabinet  ...
Of course she has been using her glue gun on pine cones. She has been twisting wire ribbon into large bows.

She has taken bags of cinnamon sticks, putting them into the mix until her garlands are lush with beauty.

“I have been saving this ribbon for years.
.... pearls and crotcheted angels hang from the banniser ...
This is the year that I am taking my rattan ribbon holder and using the life-time collection of ribbon that I have been saving. I don’t know if anyone will notice, but at least the ribbon will be used up.”

The garland looks beautiful at her house.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.