Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Right Time

... morning sky by the Children's Hospital ...

Finding the right time to exercise is the hardest thing for me.  I can always think of a good reason to not exercise. The early morning hours are the most precious to me.  That is the time when I feel that I can get the most done at home.  So why use those precious hours up in exercise.

But I think I am going to have to give them up and just do it.  This morning I was worried about slipping in the dark, but I saw a good way to prevent that.  A jogger passed me with a headlamp on – a miner’s headlamp, or a forester’s lamp – the kind that is “no hands”.  
... Chldren's Hospital before sun up ...
 If I buy one I can use it in two ways: early mornings when I force myself to get out and walk; late evenings when I slip over to Richard’s and need either a spotlight put between the two houses or a flash light on my head.  I pick the second – better get myself a nice flashlight to use mornings and evenings.

I did have one bonus to the day.  If I hadn’t walked in the morning, I wouldn’t have done at all.  And that is probably the best reason for doing walking first thing, no matter how busy my day will be.

Arta


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Arta. It is going to get too slippery to walk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am out walking in the early morning, though it can't be called early morning since the sunrise is so late. The ice is tricky. I count on a couple of good falls each season, even though I try to stay out of the alley, the place where there are a lot of reasons to slip. As I was going to the movie yesterday, I noticed the woman ahead of me took a good slide on a place where water dripped off of a roof and then turned to ice on the sidewalk at Chinook Centre. Danger everywhere. No wonder Canadians head to Arizona this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sky IS indeed beautiful. was rainy here today, but still warm enough to be outside with a fleecy and a scarf!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.